Unit 7 English 9 – Bài Tập Tiếng Anh Mai Lan Hương 9 (phần I II III) – Saving Energy
UNIT 7 SAVING ENERGY
I. Match the word in column A to its definition or meaning in column B.
A. 1. plumber 2. crack 3. energy 4. solar 5. luxury 6. scheme 7. innovation 8. conserve 9. enermous 10. tumble drver
B. a. the power from electricity, gas, coal, etc that is used to make things work b. a plan c. a person whose job is to fit and repair things like water pipes and baths d. a new idea, method . e. of or using the sun f. a thin line on something where it is nearly broken g. to prevent something from being changed. lost, or destroyed h. something expensive that you do not really need i. a machine that uses hot air to dry clothes j. very big or very large
II. Complete the passage with a suitable word from the box. devices heat effective power fuels produce experimentally resources
Are you looking for a cheap, clean, (1) source of power that doesn’t cause pollution or waste natural (2) ? Look no further than solar energy. While most (3) now in use are being burned at an astonishing rate, solar energy, or (4), from the sun, will last as long as the world lasts. This energy has already been used to (5) and cool homes and to cook food. It has been used (6) batteries in radio and in furnishing power for telephone lines. The (7) however, are cheap to operate but very expensive to (8)
III. Complete the sentence with the correct form of the word in brackets.
1. Electricity, gas and water are —– in Western countries. (need)
2. There has been some —- in unemployment recently. (reduce)
3. There are a lot of technological designed to save energy (innovate)
4. We find advertising on television very — (effect)
5. I switched the light off to save —- .(electric)
6. Energy includes searching for alternative fuels. (conserve)
7. Energy-saving bulbs help —- save money. (consume)
8. She needed only one more stamp to complete her ( collect)
9. ———- friendly energy sources include water and wind power. (environment)
10. People who exercise are less likely to feel stress. (regular)
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://dereks-sarasota.com/giao-duc/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Truyện Tranh Kinh Dị Hàn Quốc II Đáng Sợ Nhất Trên Mạng Internet II Có Thực Sự Sợ?
- Gia đình là số 1 Phần 2|tập 119 full: Học dở như Lam Chi liệu sẽ làm lớp trưởng trong bao lâu?
- [TDT] Quy trình xét truyển Đại học Tôn Đức Thắng
- Lập trình C/C++ – Giải bài tập đệ quy – Part 1
- Điệp viên nằm vùng. Tập 1: Nhà hoạt động nhân quyền [Phim phản gián, chống khủng bố Nga,2017]